Due to increased levels of business, The Fresh Collective has a vacancy for an experienced Senior Pastry Chef
Reporting to the Executive Chef, this position has considerable creative freedom across all patisserie components.
- Demonstrate your patisserie talents, passion and flair for an award-winning caterer
- Create dishes for some of Sydney's most exclusive events
- A fun and motivated team environment
- Be part of a growing hospitality group
- Great work/life balance with only some weekend work subject to business demands
- Plan, manage and ensure the quality and correct quantities of all pastry and bakery production in the kitchen
- Create all facets of desserts, from individual delicacies to slab cakes, to bespoke desserts
- From basic preparation of patisserie items to high-end specific dishes
- Produce all pastry dishes from corporate boardroom lunches to high-end corporate dinners and large functions
- Create dishes for large-scale offsite catering events
- Ensure staff under your guidance perform as required and work in a safe and competent manner.
- Great work life balance - limited weekend work according to business requirements
- Based in Redfern, a short walk from public transport, or on-street parking available
- Patisserie qualifications, Cert IV is highly regarded
- Prior experience in a 5-star hotel or high-end catering company
- Minimum 2 years trade experience
- This position will suit a highly creative and flexible individual who wants to show off their ingenuity outside of a 'cookie-cutter' environment
Sydney based hospitality group, The Fresh Collective, operates a portfolio of cafÃ©s, restaurants and stores and provides catering and event services in a number of iconic venues across Sydney and Brisbane. These include the Museum of Contemporary Art, The Queensland Museum, Sydney Theatre Company, Art Gallery of NSW etc.
At Fresh, we have a reputation for the delivery of excellent food and service, with a team of dedicated professionals, who are among the best in the industry.