An exciting opportunity has come available for a Head Chef to join the team at Vaucluse House Tearooms. The Head Chef will oversee the production, planning and ordering of all food items in this idyllic venue on Sydney’s foreshore. Leading and training a small team of professionals, you will also ensure the highest standards of both presentation and quality are met.
Set on one of Sydney’s only 19th-century harbourside historic estates, Vaucluse House Tearooms is blending period style with quality food and exceptional service. Offering remarkable breakfast, lunch and High Tea from an ever-changing menu, the venue has also built a solid reputation for private events and wedding receptions, for up to 180 guests.
- Excellent work/life balance.
- Demonstrate your culinary talents, passion and flair
- Career development opportunities
- A friendly and motivated team environment
About the role
- Open Wednesday to Sunday days, with some functions on Friday and Saturday evenings
- Manage a small kitchen team
- A la carte menu + high tea + functions
- Ensure efficient food production and quality control
- Cert III qualified in Commercial Cookery
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- 5+ years qualified experience in a la carte and functions
- Passionate about providing high quality food
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Punctual, self-driven and autonomous
- Well presented with a high work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- In possession of valid Australian working rights
About The Fresh Collective
Sydney based hospitality group, The Fresh Collective, operates a portfolio of cafés, restaurants and stores and provides catering and event services in a number of iconic venues across Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane including the Museum of Contemporary Art, The Queensland Museum, Hidden Valley Resort, and the Sydney Living Museums portfolio. At Fresh, we have a reputation for the delivery of excellent food and service, with a team of dedicated professionals, who are among the best in the industry.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alice Hardwick on 02 8399 3055, quoting Ref No. 845463.